Port is now grayed out in Arduino 1.8.3 so can't upload today.

• I have a CoDrone and have been successfully uploading code. This morning, the Com3 port can't be found in Arduino and the port is now grayed out.

Version 1.8.3 with Windows 7 64 bit. Was working perfectly yesterday. Any ideas?

Thanks for anyone's assistance. Dip 1 is up and all lights on the controller are as expected. Blinking blue on dip switch card and red blinking on bluetooth card. I think that's right.

• Problem Solved. Don't know what happened but my cable went bad. Replaced with a new cable and the Ports was no longer grayed out and Com3 was active.

Can I cause a cable to go bad by the way I'm connecting. Either way, I'll make sure I take care to plug in cable to remote first and then to computer so can't short out cable, if that's even possible

• administrators

Hi @gbarr ! some micro usb cables do not have the data lines but only have the two power wires. These such cables are usually for charging. What you need for CoDrone is a cable that has all lines, such as this!

alt text

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.