Welcome to the Robolink Community forum!
Choosing a Drone that can be remotely controlled by a PC in python via Wifi or bluetooth
I want to start a project using python to control a Drone.
for example play a bit with object recognition using the drone video camera.
I am studying the hardware and since the budget is limited I was wonder if codrone Lite/Pro has the following features:
- Programmable in Python (Through a PC or Raspbeery Pie integration)
- Could get sensor values in real time.
- Using a Pc remotely control a drone using python via Wifi or bluetooth
- Video Camera
- GPS (Optional)
robolink_leila last edited by
Hi @Joao-H ,
Hopefully the following can answer your questions:
- We have recently published introductory lessons for using Python on a PC with CoDrone on Basecamp. You will need to install Python and Jupyter Notebook (or any other IDE of your choice)
- You can gather sensor data using the following documentation
- For a remote control program you will need to install additional libraries. I recommend either
opencv-pythonwhich have functions for keyboard input
- You can purchase an FPV Camera Add-on to access video feed via Wifi. I can send you a sample program in Python later if you need it.
- There is no GPS functionality but you can roughly estimate position from the origin using the optical flow sensor data
We are working on publishing lessons for a remote control program but for now this should point you in the right direction!