Accessing and Using Drone Addresses

• Re: [CoDrone Pro No Remote Control Sync](No Communication with Mac)
    Hello,
    We are running 12 drones in a crowded classroom and having issues with students connecting to other groups' drones. I want to print out the address of the drones one at a time so that they can program to pair to their own drone every time. Unfortunately, when I use the PrintDroneAddress function, the Serial monitor shows me boxes, not an address that I can recognize. I've tried using both pair and AutoConnect. Can someone recommend how I should proceed to get the addresses of our 12 drones? (Or tell me how to fix the problem with the serial output?)
    Thanks!
    Becky

• Sorry, I was initializing the Serial monitor to br 9600 and using that, but I had to use the same br as the bluetooth connection, 15200. Got it! Can still use any helpful tips/tricks for working in a room full of drones. 🙂
    Thanks,
    Becky

• administrators

@RStaceyMAT ,
    glad to hear you got it working! It helps to label the drone and paired remote with the address number for future use. You can also change the default LEDs of each drone to different colors so students can easily tell which drone is theirs when they are all in the air!

• Changing the LED color is a great idea, we will do that!

Also, another question about the bluetooth address - are we pulling an address generated by the software at that particular moment, or are we accessing the permanent address from the actual hardware? I ask because we have seen the addresses change when tested from one period to the next. Is there a way to get the permanent address so that they don't have to check every time?

To clarify, we have 12 drones. Those same 12 drones are used 3 class periods in a row by 3 different groups. We went in assuming that they would only have to do the PrintDroneAddress once. Might they have to do it each period?

Thanks,
    Becky

• administrators

@RStaceyMAT ,
    The addresses should not be changing. Once you have all the drone's labeled try again and let me know if it's an issue!

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.