drone.pair(drone.Nearest) Fails

• I am trying CoDrone light for the first time with Python, and after downloading Python 3, Jupyter notebook and the driver, I ran the following code on my notebook:

import CoDrone
    drone = CoDrone.CoDrone()
    drone.pair(drone.Nearest)

and I get the output:

Port : [/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port]
    False

I tried reinstalling the driver multiple times and rebooting my Mac (OS Mojave, 2012 MacBook pro), but still hit the same problem.

The green light on the CoDrone is blinking, and I tried pairing it both when the BLE LED is blinking red and when it's blinking yellow, fails both times. What could I be missing?

• administrators

@kimjyhello Try installing Legacy version of the USB driver that can be downloaded as detailed in Step 9 of this lesson. If you did install the Legacy version already, go ahead and try installing twice. Sometimes you need to go into your System Preferences to allow it to install. If you continue to have issues, let me know.

• administrators

This post is deleted!

• @robolink_leila I did install that already, but tried installing it again three times (had Security & Privacy open just in case), and still get the same problem

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.