Co Drone Pro + FPV Camera = Cannot control using Co Drone Pro controller

• Hi everyone,

Our school has just purchased 20x Co Drone Pro's with 10x FPV kits. After changing the drone shell to the FPV drone, we can now use the camera.
    Unfortunately, I can not control the drone with the Co Drone Pro controller? It will move but not enough to leave the ground.

I can only control the drone using the smart phone and still see the video output from the drone.

Is there a way that I control the drone using the controller instead of using the app on a phone?

I am trying to set up FPV drone racing, controlling the drone via a physical controller but view the video on a smart phone in a FPV headset.

Thanks!

• @calvinsmith5 said in Co Drone Pro + FPV Camera = Cannot control using Co Drone Pro controller:

I am trying to set up FPV drone racing but view the video and control the drone using the same phone?

Calvin,
    unsure what you are trying to say with this statement.... do you want to use the CoDrone controller to fly, but use the phone to watch the video? as the rest of the post suggests?
    or just the phone (which you say already works) s these 2 lines are contradictory:

"Is there a way that I control the drone using the controller instead of using the app on a phone?"
    "I am trying to set up FPV drone racing but view the video and control the drone using the same phone?"

IF my understanding is correct (using the CoDrone controller but watch via smartphone) then you can use an RTSP app on the smartphone and tap into the FPV feed. on my laptop I use VLC and access the feed via: rtsp://192.168.100.1/cam1/mpeg4

There are many apps that will capture RTSP feeds your mileage may vary.

Not certain if the IP is configurable (since you have 10 FPV hats for your CoDrones, you will need 10 unique IPs) or if the CoDrone is smart enough to test if that IP is already in use and select the next in the IP chain. (here I expect Robolink to chime in) I can't help you on that as I only have 1 drone.

• @ixmclean

Hi,
    Thank you for your response.

I have edited the previous post, apologies for any confusion.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try using an alternative app that will be able to access the FPV feed and your other suggestions.

I will keep you in the loop to how the progress is going.

Cheers!

• Still no luck.

I am trying to view the footage through the phone so I can put it into a VR headset but I cannot control the drone via the controller. The drone will hardly leave the ground using the controller. When using the app on the phone, the drone flys perfectly in FPV but not what I am wanting to achieve..
    Any ideas how I can view the footage in a VR headset and fly using the Co Drone Pro controller??

Thanks!

• so, if you are trying to view the footage of the CoDrone on your smart phone via the Petrone app, AND trying to use the controller to control the drone, there may be competing power struggle of "who" is the master (controller vs phone) I'll have to test it when I get some free time with the drone today.

If the drone controller doesn't fly the drone at all (no phone connection to the drone) if may ba a matter of cable connections you have. Can you upload some pics of your controller and maybe we can see if some of the wires are just miss-aligned.

• @ixmclean

I agree with your first statement. It seems that the controller and the phone are fighting for power. I have taken off the guards to lighten the drone and it is a lot better.

I am using the Co Drone Pro controller (build your controller with exposed wiring).

It leaves the ground but seems hit and miss when I try and control it via controller.
    The drone needs to be < 2 metres away or else the drone isn't responsive.

I'm thinking maybe I need a stronger battery?

• administrators

@CalvinSmith5 Unfortunately we don't offer any support or lessons for the FPV kit but I hope our online community has been able to assist you 🙂

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.