Collision Avoidance with CoDrone Pro

• Hi there, I am a student doing a project with regards to training a drone to avoid collision during its flight.

I would like to know if there are an available sensors that can be used to obtain essential data for the drone to detect an obstacle in front of it? If there is, where can I get the information of the functions that can be used to obtain the data? I am thinking of using python with TensorFlow to train the drone.

From what I know, the optical flow sensor and the IR sensor are facing the ground, which makes it impossible to detect any obstacle in front of it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! 🙂

• Hi @robolink_leila thanks for your assistance! 🙂 Looks like I may have to find other alternatives.

• administrators

Hi @drone123 ,
    You are correct that the sensors we have onboard for distance measuring are facing the ground. There are IR sensors in the front but they are for transmitting and receiving messages for drone "battles" and not for distance, unfortunately. You could try using the FPV camera for detecting obstacles. It is a separate module that we are no longer selling but if you could somehow get your hands on one that would be my suggestion! Although we don't offer support or tutorials, there are a few projects that I have seen on the forum that use it. Hope this helps!

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.