Stabilizing the drone

• How do we stabilize the drone? According to the lessons, you can "trim" the drone using the remote or programmatically using the set_trim() function. The documentation/lessons also says, once you trim, you do not have to do it again and the trim you applied will persist on the drone until reset.

I cannot seem to stabilize the drone and it does not seem like the trim settings persist. Here is the code I am using. Since the drone is drifting right, I use -10 for the roll, and since the drone is drifting forward, I use -10 for the pitch: drone.set_trim(-10, -10). This statement seems to be countering the right drift but not the forward one. Any ideas on why this is happening?

import CoDrone_mini
    import time

drone = CoDrone_mini.CoDrone()
    drone.pair()

drone.set_trim(-10, -10)
    time.sleep(2)

drone.takeoff()
    drone.hover(1)
    drone.land()

drone.close()

Now, after I set the trim programmatically, when I apply the program as above (commenting out the trim lines), the drone still does not stay in place (not stationary). Is there a video showing if anyone got the drone to simply take off, over, stay stationary and land?

I'm wondering if the drone will always kinda drift.

I am thinking the "trimming" is the "calibration" on the drone so that it stays put when it's up. Or is calibration another thing we need to do?

• I just realized this thread is a duplicate of what someone else already posted. Please close this thread if needed.

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.