Connecting to CoDrone over Wifi and the Internet

• Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a project for school in which I intend on flying my CoDrone using voice recognition software I wrote in python. My one roadblock so far is that the voice recognition software uses a Google API client (which requires internet) and I'm using my wifi connection to link up with the drone to send realtime flight controls. Is there any way I can connect to both the drone and the internet over wifi at the same time? Maybe using something like wifi direct? Wasn't sure if you guys had figured out a way to do this. I'm on a Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lance

• Hi Lance,

I'm also want to connect the Codrone using WIFI. Can you help and share how to connect Codrone using WIFI.

Thnaks,
    Kathir

• administrators

hello @lance I believe if you have an external/usb wifi dongle you may be able to, however we have not tested this. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• That sounds awesome! This seems like it may be a bit tricky. @robolink_arnold Can you address this question?

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.